Variable Electric Settlement
- Obtain all the annoying details in regards to the class action lawsuit entitled Gruber v. Starion, Inc., Case No. X03-HHD-CV-17-6075408-S
- This case is under the Honorable Judge Ingrid Moll of the Complex Litigation Docket of the State of Connecticut Superior Court, Judicial District of Hartford
- Class members MUST have claim forms in by 10/30/17
VariableElectricSettlement.com is administered by Kurtzman Carson Consultants and offers settlement pay outs to class members who file valid claims and who were variable electric rate customers through May 24, 2017. A settlement fairness hearing in the case will be held on or around November 13, 2017 in order to determine if the proposed settlement is fair to class members (don’t worry class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie!).
Class members in Gruber v. Starion, Inc., are defined as business owners or residents who enrolled in a Starion variable rate electric plan in connection with a property located within Connecticut, the District of Columbia, Delaware, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio or Pennsylvania (the “Service Territories”) at any time from 2010 through and including the May 24, 2017.
- The total settlement amount is listed as $2,580,000
- All objections or exclusions are due by 10/23/17
- The law firm of Izard Kindall & Raabe LLP and Sanford Heisler Sharp, LLP will represent all class members who file valid claims
- Class members do not have to pay the law firms as they will simply collect a percent of the settlement pie
- The defense will be represented by Keith E. Smith from Esq. Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott LLC who are based at Two Liberty Place, 50 South 16th St., 22nd Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19102
- The fairness hearing will take place at 2pm
VariableElectricSettlement.com Contact Info
- Mail: Gruber v. Starion Energy Claims Administrator, P.O. Box 43034, Providence, RI 02940-3034
- Phone: 1-844-540-6004
- Email: N/A