TCPA Class Action
- Obtain more details in regards to the class action lawsuit entitled Swinter Group, Inc. v. FleetOne, L.L.C.,
- The case is under review in the Missouri Circuit Court for the Eleventh Judicial Circuit, County of St. Charles
- Experts close to the case predict Fleetone Junk Fax TCPA Settlement class members will receive $33 or more (depending on how many people file claims)
TCPAClassAction.com is administered by GCG. Class members in the case contend that Swinter Group Inc. sent out unsolicited fax advertisements that did not contain the required opt-out notice and without gaining permission from the receiver which is in violation of the TCPA (AKA Telephone Consumer Protection Act, 47 U.S.C. § 227, et seq.).
The settlement pool has be set at 1.6 million dollars (that’s a lot of dough). Class members in the Fleetone Junk Fax TCPA case are defined as:
“All individuals or entities in the United States who on or after August 12, 2012, through the date of preliminary approval, (1) were sent by or on behalf of Defendant a telephone facsimile message of material advertising the commercial availability or quality of any property, goods, or services, (2) with respect to whom Defendant cannot provide evidence of prior express invitation or permission for the sending of such faxes, and (3) either (a) with whom Defendant does not have an established business relationship, or (b) the fax identified in subpart (1) of this definition did not display an opt-out notice meeting the requirements of 47 C.F.R. § 64.1200(a)(4)(v).” – www.TCPAClassAction.com
Swinter Group, Inc. v. FleetOne, L.L.C. Settlement Notes
- Class members are required to submit proof of purchase in the form of the fax number that received the unsolicited fax advertisement
- All claim forms are due by 3/18/18
- This class action is listed as case number 1611-CC00730-01
Any questions about the settlement can be directed to 1-888-648-8405 or via US mail to: Swinter v. FleetOne, c/o GCG P.O. Box 9349, Dublin, OH 43017-4249.