NJAG Palmco Class Action Lawsuit
- A class action lawsuit has been filed against Palmco Energy NJ LLC claiming its advertising and sale of gas supply and electric generation service violated certain New Jersey statutes and regulations
- NJAGPalmcoSettlement.com entitled Robert Lougy v. Palmco Power NJ LLC
- The case is under review in the Superior Court of New Jersey Chancery Division, Mercer County and is cited as case number MER-C-33-14
New Jersey Attorney General’s Office, the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities and the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs filed a lawsuit against Palmco Energy on 5/23/14. Palmco Power LLC denies any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to settle in order to avoid further litigation.
Class members state the following according to the terms of the settlement:
“Palmco portrayed itself as an affordable alternative for New Jersey consumers looking to lower their energy bills, but failed to deliver on its promises,” NJAGPalmcoSettlement.com
Who is part of the NJAG Palmco class action lawsuit?
- Polar Vortex Customers: Anyone who was a customer of Palmco during January, February and/or March 2014 and allegedly experienced overcharges by Palmco on their gas and/or electric bills
- Non-Polar Vortex Customers: Anyone who was a Palmco customer at any time up to and including the settlement’s effective date, other than during January, February and/or March 2014
- When filing a bothersome claim the class member is required to provide their claimant code
- The deadline to file a claim is listed as 5/18/18
- Only open to legal residents of New Jersey
- Class members are represented by Robert Lougy who is the proud ACTING ATTORNEY GENERAL OF NEW JERSEY
- Palm Power LLC has hired the law firms of MCELROY DEUTSCH MULVANEY & CARPENTER LLP and CULLEN & DYKMAN LLP
Any questions in regards to the NJAGP Palmco Settlement can be directed to New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs at (973) 504-6200.