Lia Sophia Class Action Settlement
- Led plaintiffs Cynthia West, Kristine Hollander, Jennifer Zimmerman, Mary Roman, Marie Esposito and Michelle Ballon filed a class action lawsuit against Jewelry Inc.,
- LiaSophiaSettlement.com is administered by Heffler Claims Group
- The settlement fairness hearing will take place on or around 6/6/18
Class members in the case claim that Lia Sophia harmed its sales advisors by misappropriating customer information and by making misleading statements about the company’s plans to shut down direct sales. Class members claim that Lia Sophia continued to recruit sales associates even know they knew the company was going to shut down operations. New sale associates were charged $99 to $149 to become a sales associate. Jewelry Inc. denies any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to a mind-blowing 6.7 million dollar settlement in order to avoid further litiagtion.
- The mind bending 6.5 million dollar settlement will benefit both customers and sales associates according to the terms of the settlement
- Customers can receive a percentage of the amount they paid in Lia Sophia purchases during the qualifying period. Sales advisors may receive a percentage of their sales made during the qualifying period
- Newer sales advisors can get reimbursement for their purchase of a starter kit
- The deadline to file a claim is cited as 4/9/2018
Class members who file valid claim will be represented by Joseph J. Siprut, Todd L. McLawhorn, and Ke Liu from the law firm of SIPRUT PC. Jewelry Inc. has hired Albert M. Bower, Eric L. Samore, and Yesha Sutaria Hoeppner from the law firm of SMITHAMUNDSEN LLC.
Any questions in regards to the Lia Sophia Settlement.com can be directed to toll-free 844-412-1945 or class members looking to reach out via mail can write to: Lia Sophia Settlement, c/o Heffler Claims Group, P.O. Box 170, Philadelphia, PA 19102-0170 (this address can also be used when mailing claim forms).