KCP Intern Settlement
- Plaintiff Oluseyi Awogbile filed a class action lawsuit against Kenneth Cole claiming that certain interns at Kenneth Cole were doing the work of paid employees
- Class members are seeking compensation for unpaid wages and the costs associated with having to litigate these claims via a class action lawsuit
- Kenneth Cole maintains it has not violated any labor laws but has instead agreed to this class action settlement in the interest of avoiding the cost and expense associated with further litigation
KCPInternSettlement.com is administered by Kurtzman Carson Consultants and is listed as case number 161886/2014. The lawsuit is pending in the Supreme Court of the State of New York for New York County and is entitled In re: Kenneth Cole Productions Inc. Intern Settlement. Even though Kenneth Cole denies all actions of wrong doing they have agreed to create a settlement fund worth $354,375. Class members in the case are defined as anyone who worked for Kenneth Cole Productions Inc. and Kenneth Cole Consumer Direct LLC between Dec. 2, 2008 and July 31, 2017 as an intern.
- Online claim forms are not available in this lawsuit
- Experts in the case predict each class member should receive around $315 (that amount could be reduced by any applicable payroll taxes or if more than 40 percent of Class Members join the Class)
- Class members do not have to hire lawyers
- Class members will be represented by Lloyd Ambinder, LaDonna M. Lusher, Alison Genova, and Michelle Moreno
- Kenneth Cole has hired MORGAN LEWIS & BOCKIUS LLP to represent their interest in court
KCPInternSettlement.com Important Dates
- Settlement fairness hearing: 7/31/2017
- Claim form deadline: 10/16/2017 for verified Class Members OR 2/12/2018 for unverified Class Member
- Object to the settlement terms: Oct. 16, 2017
Any documents related to the case can be mailed to In re Kenneth Cole Productions Inc. Intern Settlement
c/o Kurtzman Carson Consultants, P.O. Box 404017, Louisville, KY 40233-4017 or attached to an email sent to: KennethColeIntern@kccllc.com.