Hertz Rental Charges
- Designed for Hertz customers who are confused about a certain charged made in relation to a rental car purchase
- Displayed in PDF Format
- Please note the base rate for rental an auto from Hertz does NOT include taxes and fees
Hertz.com/ChargeExplained is managed by Hertz System Inc and is a must for customers who are confused about a certain charge. The PDF format page will provide in detail a breakdown of each charge that could have been made in regards to renting an auto with Hertz. These fees include: late fees, fuel & service, return change fee, intercity fee, airport concession fee recovery (ACFR), Hotel Concession Fee Recovery (HCFR), tourism fee, state/local surcharge, and customer facility charge.
Roger that but what happens if one fails to pay a fee?
Hertz reserves the right to send all unpaid fees to collections which may result in a damaged credit rating. Hertz also reserves the right to not rent a car to a customer who has previous unpaid fees.
Some of the more common fees associated with a Hertz Rental include full & service fee which charges the customer when they do not return the car with the amount of gas that was in it at the time of rental. Another common fee seen by Hertz customers are the late return fees; this fee is charged when a customer fails to return the auto on time. Usually a late fee will not be charged if the auto is only 30 minutes late BUT autos that are more than 30 minutes late are subject to a nasty fee and autos that are more than 1.5 hours late are subject to a full day charge!
www.Hertz.com/ChargeExplained Contact Information/Feedback
- General customer service questions: 1-800-278-1595
- Online: WWW.HERTZSURVEY.COM
- Specific question in regards to a bill: 800-654-4173(7 am – 7 pm CST M-F)
- Emergency Roadside Assistance (Toll Free): please dial 800-654-5060
Hertz rental car customers are encouraged to speak with an agent in person to discuss any fees that could not be found using the Charge Explain resource.