Altisource Class Action Lawsuit
- Class members claim Altisource Business Solutions Pvt. Ltd. violated the TCPA
- AltisourceTCPASettlement.com is administered by Altisource TCPA Settlement Claims Administrator who can be reached at toll free 1-833-371-2607
- The lawsuit claims 56,104 cellular telephone numbers were called using automated calling equipment from October 16, 2013 through June 1, 2016
The Altisource class action lawsuit is pending in the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota and is entitled Beecroft v. Altisource Business Solutions Pvt. Ltd. The deadline to file a claim is 2/12/18 while a settlement fairness hearing will take place on or around 3/12/18 to discuss if the terms of the settlement are fair. Class members do not have to attend the hearing in order to received a slice of the settlement pie. The 1.8 million dollar settlement was approved by a federal judge on 10/19/17. Altisource denies any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to settle in order to avoid further litigation.
- Experts close to the case predict class members who file valid claim will receive $100 to $300 per eligible cell phone number
- Class members who file valid claim will be represented by the law firms of BURKE LAW OFFICES LLC and HEANEY LAW FIRM LLC
- Altisource has hired the legendary Erin L. Hoffman from the law firm of FAEGRE BAKER DANIELS LLP
- The TCPA generally provides for damages of $500 per violation, or up to $1,500 for willful violations
- According to the class members these bothersome pre-recorded phone calls were made in regards to the Cash for Relocation program\
- The “Cash for Relocation” program was a program allegedly offered by Alitsource to pay people to move when their homes had foreclosed
Class members who would like to file their claim via US Mail should send it to: Altisource TCPA Settlement Claims Administrator, P.O. Box 85006, Richmond, VA 23285-5006. Altisource TCPA Settlement class members who get confused with the claim form should dial toll-free 1-833-371-2607 ASAP and speak with a lawsuit customer service agent.