Align Class Action Settlement
- Obtain all the dirty details in regards to the class action lawsuit entitled Dino Rikos, et al. v. Procter & Gamble Co.
- AlignSettlement.com is administered by KCC, LLC
- A settlement fairness hearing will take place on or around 4/16/2018 to determine of the 30 million dollar settlement is fair to class members
The Align Class Action Lawsuit claims that the Align probiotic supplement was sold as having “clinically proven” digestive health benefits when in actuality they did not have clinical data to prove such claim. Class members claim that Procter & Gamble falsely claimed that Align could build and maintain a healthy digestive system, restore your natural digestive balance, and protect against occasional digestive upsets.
Class members in the case are defined as anyone in the US who purchased the Align probiotic between March 1, 2009 and June 6, 2016.
Procter & Gamble’s denies any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to the 30 million dollar settlement in order to avoid further litigation. Procter & Gamble will be represented by D. Jeffrey Ireland and Erin E. Rhinehart from the law firm of FARUKI IRELAND COX RHINEHART & DUSING PLL.
- The lawsuit was originally filed by plaintiff Dino Rikos in California superior court
- Procter & Gamble has also agreed to stop using the term “clinically proven” on its Align probiotic products until new data supports the digestive relief claims
- Class members who file timely claims will be represented by Timothy G. Blood and Thomas J. O’Reardon II from the law firm of BLOOD HURST & O’REARDON LLP
- The settlement payout amount is 50 percent of the average retail price of Align sold during this time period
- This case is cited as case number 1:11-cv-00226
Any questions in regards to the 30 million dollar settlement can be directed to 1-866-653-4873 or email info@AlignSettlement.com. Class members looking to mail in the claim form should send it to: Rikos v. The Procter &, Gamble Company, Settlement Administrator: KCC, LLC, P.O. Box 404041, Louisville, KY 40233-4041.